Expand Your Clinical Exercise & Rehab Knowledge in Postural Assessment
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM.
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and The American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses specifically designed for the Fitness Trainer that has an interest in expanding their knowledge in clinical exercise and rehabilitation.
Students will learn foundation knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the fitness trainer on the following objectives:
- Explain and implement the general guidelines for exercise prescription for a variety of common conditions related to spinal and postural imbalances.
- Demonstrate and teach corrective exercises for three different imbalanced postural types.
Leave feeling confident in helping others and not hurting clients.
- Recognize when a client is able to advance to the next level of exercise progression.
Describe alternative treatments that are available including the services of other health-care professionals.
- Know when to refer to a health professional.
Infofit’ s Clinical Exercise Specialist Programs do not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.
The student will be provided with handouts that detail the specific course content.
100% attendance is expected. Those that miss part of the course will be required to make time up with a tutor.
Progress & Assessment
Students will be assessed through instructor feedback and mentorship throughout the training session.
Learning outcomes are dependent on individual course content.
Students are asked to wear comfortable gym wear and running shoes.
- 18 years of age or over (government ID required)
- The ability to speak and understand English
- A passion for fitness
- Certified Personal Trainer or Equivalent