Learn How to Teach Group Fitness Classes
This course is 90% practical and you should be prepared to work-out and have FUN every class. Choose this module in class or online. This Group Fitness Instructor course teaches you all the elements of being a group fitness instructor.
You will Learn and Be Trained On:
- How to use Cueing.
- Use of music/choreography for indoor classes.
- Different types of choreography.
- Boot-camp/Outdoor Fitness classes.
- What makes a great fitness instructor?
- Lesson development.
- Safe & effective strength exercises.
- Adult learning principles.
- How to build relationships.
- How to put a class together.
- Using a variety of equipment.
- In person at our Vancouver location.
- The course is offered 3 times per year and you can see the schedule on this page.
- The course is very practical, please expect to be working out/demoing during the course.
- Workbook is included in the cost of the course.
- The course can be started anytime, provided you meet the course prerequisites.
- The course will be emailed shortly after you purchase the course.
- You will need to submit a mixture of written assignments and video assignments to complete the course; you will need to record these on your phone or camera.
- You will have 4 months to complete the course.
- There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee for the In Class Course Group Fitness Course.
- For the Home Study, as all course material is sent as soon as you register, the Home Study Course in non-refundable.
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
For International Certification:
- Completion of Infofit’s Fitness Theory Course or equivalent
- Passed the BCRPA Provincial exam with 80% and registered with BCRPA
- Hold a current First Aid & CPR