Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program with Sports Nutrition Certification
This personal training certification Full Time Diploma program, taught in Vancouver, British Columbia, is designed for individuals wanting to pursue a career in the fitness industry as an advanced personal trainer. This fitness program is approved and recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and the American Council on Exercise (ACE). We have included our Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Specialist Program. Anyone interested in offering holistic sports nutrition, fitness and human performance advice to their clients should enroll in this unique and specialized program.
Students will learn how to create individualized protocols to assist clients with a wide variety of health and fitness objectives, from body composition, sports performance and longevity. Students will leave this program equipped with the ability to coach clients for long term success.
The Personal Trainer Diploma course will cover:
- Basic anatomy
- Exercise physiology
- Exercise analysis
- Exercise safety
- Principles of conditioning for cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training
- Physical fitness assessments a comprehensive health screening and heart disease risk profile
- Develop a basic and advanced fitness programs for healthy individuals and those with special needs (e.g. diabetes)
- Group exercise instruction
- a variety of exercises, stretches and instructional methods during our practical skill development course ATP
- This 5-course program will take 12 weeks to complete
Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Modules:
- Metabolism (protein, carbs and fats)
- Vitamins and minerals
- The immune system
- Condition Part 1
- Conditions Part 2
- Specific Nutrition
- Holistic health
- Functional tests
- Diet comparison
- Continuation diet comparison
- Healing Foods
- Botanical Medicine
- Nutrition through life
- Working with client’s part 1
- Working with client’s part 2
Learning Outcomes of Personal Trainer Diploma Program:
Upon completion of the Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program students will be able to:
- Assess clients’ heart disease risk profile and physical activity readiness
- Design and instruct a comprehensive, individualized, safe, effective and appropriate beginner to advanced exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals or special populations who have received medical clearance
- Ensure a safe exercise environment
- Monitor participant progress and make regular adjustments to programs as needed
- Design short and long-term programs based on BCRPA and ACE Standards of Performance and Scope of Practice
- Refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with clients who have conditions that the Personal Trainer is not specifically accredited to address
- Design safe and appropriate Group Fitness classes
Learning Outcomes of Certified Sports Performance and Fitness Nutrition Program:
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Utilize whole natural food and supplements as tools for enhancing athletic performance and improving body composition
- Utilize natural food as a clean energy source and as a primary fuel to stabilize blood sugar and prevent sugar cravings
- Create a practical nutrition protocol and healthy dietary regimen for clients
- Describe the role and function of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids in health and disease
- Recommend the use of specific natural health products to enhance energy, elevate metabolism, repair injuries and improve exercise recovery
- Understand the basic biochemistry of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Teach clients when and how to eat to help improve their capacity to exercise
- Use the science of body typing to help clients understand the uniqueness of their own body and how it responds individually to food and exercise
- Determine the protein requirements of any individual or athlete
- Use food and supplements to reduce inflammation, optimize body composition and reduce body fat
- Recognize the effects of stress and exercise on the structure and function of the human body
- Comprehend the importance of muscle and its relationship to health and the immune system
- Describe the process involved that causes Sarcopenia and muscle weakness
- Know the difference between empty calories and food that heals the body
- Discuss a wide range of therapeutic dietary options with clients
- Recognize the difference between a food or diet that is acid or alkaline forming
- Teach clients about glycemic index, glycemic load and carbohydrate density
- Compare any national diet or food pyramid to the known facts and science of nutrition
- Understand the basic principles behind Functional and Naturopathic Medicine
- Recognize the detrimental effects of sucrose, fructose and refined sugar on human health
- Create a pre- and/or post-workout protein shake using supplements proven by research to be reliable and safe to enhance workout capacity and improve recovery
- Recommend specific nutrition protocols to reduce inflammation and accelerate wound healing.
- Teach the psychology that must be developed and cultivated to achieve and sustain ideal bodyweight.
- Help ‘hard gainers‘ to gain muscle and bodyweight with optimum nutrition, dietary supplements and the right training and exercise strategy
- Educate clients on the differences between lifespan, life expectancy and health span
- Talk to anyone about the multiple benefits of both fitness and nutrition
- Dispel many of the common myths associated with what food and supplements can and cannot do
- Teach clients important life principles that pertain to the management of personal health and wellness as a lifestyle
The Personal Training Certification Full-Time Diploma program is offered during the week, Monday-Friday, with a total of 320 instructional hours (lecture 180 hours; practical 140 hours). Class hours are 10.30am-3.30pm.
The CSPFN Specialist program is offered via Infofit’s online learning portal, with a total of 105 instructional hours completed at the students’ pace.
Students can expect to perform 10 hours of homework per week over the course of the program.
Students of the Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma course must pass all five final exams in order to graduate from the program.
The CSPFN consists of 3 Modules, there will be a 55 question timed exam after each module. These 3 exams will make up 100% of the course mark. Students will need to get 70% overall mark to graduate from the course and receive the credential
Progress & Assessment Methods:
Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma students will be assessed through periodic quizzes, homework assignments and final exams for each of the courses of the program (i.e. Fitness Theory, Personal Trainer Basics & Personal Trainer Comprehensive).
Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Students will need to complete a quiz at the end of each chapter of their course workbooks. There will be no grade given, the only requirement is that they complete the quiz by an established timeline; students receive in-class feedback regarding their answers.
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have assignments to complete by an established timeline; students will receive in-class feedback regarding their work.
Practical Skill Quizzes & Client Evaluation:
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have students complete a short quiz at the end of each phase of each practical skills course and receive an evaluation from a volunteer client and the instructor. Each quiz requires a passing mark of 80%. There is no mark for the volunteer evaluation.
There will be five final exams:
A one hour, 60-question multiple choice exam after the Fitness Theory course – passing grade 70%
A one hour, 60-question multiple choice exam after the Personal Trainer Basics course – passing grade 70%
A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Basics Course – passing grade 75%
A one-hour multiple choice exam after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 70%
A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 75%
Students are expected to attend 100% of the course instructional hours. Those that miss a section of the course will be required to make this time up with a tutor. During weeks that include a statutory holiday and the school is closed, and the instructor will increase the daily class times by one hour to make up for the missed holiday hours. The students will be made aware of those added hours in advance.
Students are asked to wear black professional gym wear and running shoes.
- ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam or BCRPA Certification Exams
- CPR – level C
- Course Materials
- A Workbook for each level of training (3 steps)
- ACE Manual Set with Study Companion
- Strength Training Anatomy Book
- The Great Anatomy Coloring Book
- Apprenticeship Training Program
- Group Fitness Course
- Career days during the course
- Career support from Infofit
- Getting Started Forms
- Infofit School bag
Frequently Asked Questions
Grad Success Stories
Follow this link to hear Infofit graduates share their education experience and their success since graduation.
Infofit’s Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Personal Training Certification Tuition is Tax Deductible and applicable for the Canada Training Credit, Infofit is a Certified Educational Institution and RESP’s are accepted.
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- Students who have graduated from high school (or equivalent) or
- Who have reached the age of 19 years prior to the start of their program
- A passion for fitness
- The ability to speak and write English