Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program
This personal training certification Full Time Diploma program, taught in Vancouver, British Columbia, is designed for individuals wanting to pursue a career in the fitness industry as an advanced personal trainer. This fitness program is approved and recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Infofit’s diploma program has been officially approved by Student Aid BC, allowing eligible students to apply for student loans to support their education.
Discover your true passion for fitness and turn it into a fulfilling career by taking the Infofit Fitness Career Assessment – your first step towards an exciting journey of personal and professional growth in the fitness industry!
The course will cover:
- Basic anatomy
- Exercise physiology
- Exercise analysis
- Exercise safety
- Principles of conditioning for cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training
- Physical fitness assessments a comprehensive health screening and heart disease risk profile
- Develop a basic and advanced fitness programs for healthy individuals and those with special needs (e.g. diabetes)
- Group exercise instruction
- a variety of exercises, stretches and instructional methods during our practical skill development course ATP
- This 5-course program will take 12 weeks to complete
Upon completion of the Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program students will be able to:
- Assess clients’ heart disease risk profile and physical activity readiness
- Design and instruct a comprehensive, individualized, safe, effective and appropriate beginner to advanced exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals or special populations who have received medical clearance
- Ensure a safe exercise environment
- Monitor participant progress and make regular adjustments to programs as needed
- Design short and long-term programs based on BCRPA and ACE Standards of Performance and Scope of Practice
- Refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with clients who have conditions that the Personal Trainer is not specifically accredited to address
- Design safe and appropriate Group Fitness classes
The Personal Training Certification Full-Time Diploma program is available on weekdays, from Monday to Friday, totaling 320 instructional hours (180 hours of lectures and 140 hours of practical training). Classes are held from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm. You can access the schedule by clicking on this link.
Students can expect to perform 10 hours of homework per week over the course of the program.
Students of the Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma course must pass all five final exams in order to graduate from the program.
Progress & Assessment Methods:
Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma students will be assessed through periodic quizzes, homework assignments and final exams for each of the courses of the program (i.e. Fitness Theory, Personal Trainer Basics & Personal Trainer Comprehensive).
Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Students will need to complete a quiz at the end of each chapter of their course workbooks. There will be no grade given, the only requirement is that they complete the quiz by an established timeline; students receive in-class feedback regarding their answers.
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have assignments to complete by an established timeline; students will receive in-class feedback regarding their work.
Practical Skill Quizzes & Client Evaluation:
Most chapters/sections in their workbooks will have students complete a short quiz at the end of each phase of each practical skills course and receive an evaluation from a volunteer client and the instructor. Each quiz requires a passing mark of 80%. There is no mark for the volunteer evaluation.
There will be five final exams:
- A one hour, 60-question multiple choice exam after the Fitness Theory course – passing grade 70%
- A one hour, 60-question multiple choice exam after the Personal Trainer Basics course – passing grade 70%
- A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Basics Course – passing grade 75%
- A one-hour multiple choice exam after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 70%
- A practical skills evaluation after the Personal Trainer Comprehensive course – passing grade 75%
Students are expected to attend 100% of the course instructional hours. Those that miss a section of the course will be required to make this time up with a tutor. During weeks that include a statutory holiday and the school is closed, and the instructor will increase the daily class times by one hour to make up for the missed holiday hours. The students will be made aware of those added hours in advance.
Students are asked to wear black professional gym wear and running shoes.
- ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam or BCRPA Certification Exams
- CPR – level C
- Course Materials
- A Workbook for each level of training (3 steps)
- ACE Manual Set with Study Companion
- Strength Training Anatomy Book
- The Great Anatomy Coloring Book
- Apprenticeship Training Program
- Group Fitness Course
- Career days during the course
- Career support from Infofit
- Getting Started Forms
- Infofit School bag
Frequently Asked Questions
Grad Success Stories
Follow this link to hear Infofit graduates share their education experience and their success since graduation.
Infofit’s Personal Training Certification Full Time Diploma Program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Personal Training Certification Tuition is Tax Deductible and applicable for the Canada Training Credit, Infofit is a Certified Educational Institution and RESP’s are accepted.
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- Students who have graduated from high school (or equivalent) or
- Who have reached the age of 19 years prior to the start of their program
- A passion for fitness
- The ability to speak and write English