Expand Your Clinical Exercise & Rehab Knowledge in Training the Aging Population
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM.
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and The American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses specifically designed for the Fitness Trainer that has an interest in expanding their knowledge in clinical exercise and rehabilitation.
Students will learn foundation knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the fitness trainer on the following objectives:
- Outline the anatomical and physiological changes that occur with age
Explain the fitness professional’s scope of practice when working with this population
Teach testing protocol for balance, flexibility, functional strength and aerobic capacity
- Provide suggestions when working with visual, auditory, neurological challenges
Provide suggestions working with those with Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Teach the do / don’t of training the aging client
- Provide you with program design strategies for balance, flexibility, resistance training and aerobic exercise.
- The attendee will leave this session with greater confidence in your ability to work with the aging client
Infofit’ s Clinical Exercise Specialist Programs do not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.
The student will be provided with handouts that detail the specific course content.
100% attendance is expected. Those that miss part of the course will be required to make time up with a tutor.
Progress & Assessment
Students will be assessed through instructor feedback and mentorship throughout the training session.
Learning outcomes are dependent on individual course content.
Students are asked to wear comfortable gym wear and running shoes.
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- 18+ years of age (government ID required)
- Fluent in English
- A passion for fitness
- Certified Personal Trainer or Equivalent
Payment Plan Option(s)