The Fitness Professional’s Guide to Coaching Lifestyle Wellness TM
Is an online home study continuing education course that presents a coaching approach to assisting clients in achieving personal health and wellness behaviour changes.
- Explain lifestyle wellness coaching and understand what makes coaching effective for increasing your client’s healthy lifestyle behaviours.
- Discuss the evolution of the coaching profession.
- Know how to create effective coaching relationships and identify boundaries to the coaching role.
- Describe the importance of relationship-building in the coaching relationship and explain the components of a solid coaching relationship.
- Learn the value of questioning in the coaching relationship.
- Explain the roles of feedback, confrontations, self-disclosure in the coaching relationship.
- Explain the value of focusing on the process of enhancing awareness and the purposes and processes for utilizing reflections of meaning and interpretations in the coaching relationship.
- Describe the competency development model and identify the six competencies that clients need.
- Discuss the importance of action planning, Super SMART goals and goal-setting
- Explain how the changes generated in coaching for the coach and client are likely to be transformational.
This certificate course with online test includes an eBook version of the 272-page Lifestyle Wellness Coaching, Second Edition by James Gavin and Madeleine Mcbrearty (accessed through Adobe Digital Editions/Blue Fire Reader) and an 82-page workbook provided in PDF format. Instructions for completing the 100-question multiple-choice online test and obtaining CECs are also included in PDF format.
Please note: This course is completed online; no materials will be mailed.