Build Effective Training Programs with Secrets of Successful Program Design eBook and CE Exam
- Secrets of Successful Program Design eBook
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
As a fitness professional, your ability to design effective training programs is key to delivering results for your clients. That’s where the Secrets of Successful Program Design eBook with CE Exam comes in. Developed by noted fitness and program design expert Alwyn Cosgrove and his director of programming, Craig Rasmussen, this package offers a proven system for creating programs that take clients from where they are to where they want to be.
The Importance of Program Design
You’ll learn how to properly assess a client and design the most effective program based on their individual goal—whether that is fat loss, muscle and strength building, or improved overall conditioning. With a reliable, system-based approach to program design, you’ll be able to consistently deliver results to every client, regardless of demographic profile, ability, or goals.
Predesigned Workouts and CE Credits
This guide to building training programs is supplemented with a selection of predesigned workouts that will draw on your skills for progressing and regressing exercises, saving you valuable time and energy while still allowing you to produce a personalized experience for your client. Upon completing the eBook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain and apply the four-step process of program design
- Identify the primary factor that all program design starts with
- Effectively manipulate the primary programming variables based on the desired outcome
- Explain the difference between a program and a workout
- Choose an appropriate program for an incoming client based on the person’s training age
- Know the purpose of screening and be able to utilize it to determine whether an exercise is the correct fit for a client
- Effectively progress or regress an exercise based on progression principles
- Recognize why it is preferable to use a movement-based approach rather than a muscle-based approach in programming
- Identify why strength is such an important physical quality and how to apply progressive overload in practice
- Effectively design a group or individual program for a variety of client goals
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e., Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)