Periodization training a core training principle all fitness professionals should understand
The fundamental principles of periodization training and program design are extensively reviewed accompanied by illustrations and graphics. Understand the methodology behind periodization training and the periodization-training guru, Tudor Bompa, PhD. You will learn how to assess speed, agility and power and how to improve all of these through scientific training. Over 15 common sports are reviewed extensively with sample microcycle, mesocycle and macrocycle programs. Gain a deeper understanding of sport-specific training including assessments, training methods and designing effective training programs.
This dynamic course is part of Advanced Training Specialist (ATS). The course begins with providing key definitions as they pertain to movement. The foundation of therapeutic exercise is extensively discussed. Next, the principles of periodization training and program design are extensively reviewed accompanied by illustrations and analysis of common sports programming. Lastly, the foundation of sport-specific training including assessments, training methods and designing effective training programs are discussed.
- Understand the principles of therapeutic exercise and program design and how they interrelate and affect one another.
- Understand the foundation behind periodization training and how these principles apply to all clients.
- Understand sport-specific training and the foundations of agility, power and speed, how to assess each and how to improve each respectively.
- Understand the energy systems, movement analysis and functional anatomy behind common sports.
- Learn new training techniques with sport-specific clients based on the latest evidenced-based research.
- Design sample microcycle, mesocycle and macrocycle programs for common sports injuries.
Section 1: Definitions
Section 2: Foundation of therapeutic exercise
Section 3: Essence of Periodization Training and Program Design
Section 4: Sport Specific Training
All course material is sent via email, and students have full online access to the entire program. No refund is available.
This package with an online test includes a 128-page manual and 20-page workbook in PDF format.
Included within the unit and workbook are two (2) practice examinations testing the reader’s comprehension of the material.
In addition, you have access to 50+ videos explaining the course material in more detail.
- Personal training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFLCA, AFAA or
- Australian certifications required Certificate III (Fitness) & Certificate IV (Personal Trainer) or
- BCRPA, Canfitpro, CFES, NASM, NSCA, NCSF, NFPT or WITS, and possess a minimum of 2 years of personal training experience, as well as possess a valid CPR & first aid certification.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in one of the following related fields:
- Exercise physiology, exercise science or human movement
- biology-related science degree and an advanced certification (i.e. N.S.C.A-CSCS, A.C.S.M.-CHFS, NASM-CES, NASM-PES or equivalent).