Expand Your Clinical Exercise & Rehab Knowledge.
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM.
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses specifically designed for the Fitness Trainer that has an interest in expanding their knowledge in clinical exercise and rehabilitation.
Students will learn foundation knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the fitness trainer on the following objectives:
- Explain and implement the general guidelines for exercise prescription for a variety of common conditions related to joint/muscle imbalances
- Perform simple ROM and muscle tightness tests for the upper and lower extremities
- Teach exercise protocols to address the needs of the client, as guided by the HCPs recommendations
- Demonstrate and teach safe corrective exercise protocols for a variety of common conditions related to assessed joint/muscle imbalances
- Recognize when a client is able to advance to the next level
- Know when to refer to a health professional
Infofit’s Clinical Exercise Specialist Programs do not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.
The student will be provided with handouts that detail the specific course content.
100% attendance is expected. Those that miss part of the course will be required to make time up with a tutor.
Progress & Assessment
Students will be assessed through instructor feedback and mentorship throughout the training session.
Learning outcomes are dependent on individual course content.
Students are asked to wear comfortable gym wear and running shoes.
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- 18 years of age or over (government ID required)
- The ability to speak and understand English
- A passion for fitness
- Certified Personal Trainer or Equivalent
Payment Plan Option(s)