Learn more about Muscle Testing Webinar
Muscle imbalance is the combination of a ‘tight,’ over-active muscle and one that is less active. Testing muscles is a crucial and effective way to determine muscle imbalances. During a muscle test, a practitioner applies a force to one muscle or group of muscles, with a particular intent in mind. The muscle is then labelled “weak” or “strong” based on its ability to resist this force. Because it is a common cause of injury, pain, and disability, the use of muscle testing is an important tool.
During this webinar Dr Gaskin will discuss:
- Common muscle imbalances in clients and how to detect these
- Different ways to accomplish muscle testing and what the results mean
- Understanding how muscle imbalances impact the myofascial chains they’re connected to, and how this can lead to injury
- Signs that a muscle imbalance is “more” than a muscle imbalance, and when to refer to a healthcare professional
- Rehab exercises that help to correct imbalances
This webinar is presented by Dr Katie Gaskin, a chiropractor, strength and conditioning coach, and former professional hockey player who understands the significance of physical preparation, maintenance, and recovery for top athletic performance. With additional certifications in athletic movement screening, instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy, and post-concussion management.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e. Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)