Understanding Eating Disorders in Fitness Professionals
This course is designed specifically for personal trainers and allied-health professionals to equip them with the latest knowledge on eating disorders such as anorexia athletica, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of eating disorders and their impact on exercise performance, as well as offering common-sense guidelines for identifying individuals who may be at risk.
Key Topics Covered
- Who is at risk for developing eating disorders
- The relationship between over-exercising and eating disorders
- How eating disorders affect exercise performance
- Common-sense guidelines for identifying individuals with eating disorders
The course is packed with valuable resources, including:
- A comprehensive list of recent journal articles, with 55 2001-2002 citations
- Reliable information from 9 reputable organizations
- Links to 20 excellent internet sites
- Recent books on eating disorders
This CEU course is delivered fully online and includes online enrollment, online exam, and instant grading. A certificate of completion can be obtained either automatically online or through paper certificate that will be mailed within ten days of passing the online exam.
Please note that there is no physical curriculum material shipped for this course.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e., Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)