Elevate your coaching skills and client roster with this course on inclusive fitness leadership. Learn to seamlessly integrate inclusion, master up-to-date disability language, and apply international exercise guidelines for various disabilities. Gain expertise in adaptive programming, equipment usage, effective assessment, and creating inclusive coaching environments. Specialized knowledge for conditions like Spinal Cord Injuries, MS, Arthritis, and more is covered, along with the latest COVID-19 long haulers’ protocols by Dr. Jack Taunton. Join us on this transformative journey to become a fitness leader making a positive impact on diverse abilities.
Enroll now for a more inclusive and impactful coaching career.
Inclusive fitness leadership
During this course you will learn:
- Instituting inclusion as a movement specialist
- Staying current with up-to-date disability language
- Translating and applying international exercise guidelines for diverse disabilities
- Developing programming that respects abilities and symptoms*
- Utilizing adaptive equipment effectively
- Mastering effective methods of assessment
- Creating inclusive coaching environments (both virtual and in-person)
- Implementing the latest protocols for COVID-19 long haulers returning to exercise – presented by Dr. Jack Taunton, MSc, MD, Dip Sport Med (CASEM), CFPC-SEM, FACSM
*This program equips fitness professionals with information and best practices for working with clients dealing with Spinal Cord Injuries, MS, Arthritis, Cerebral Palsy, CMT, Parkinson’s, and amputations.
Megan Williamson, BA, CPT and rehab specialist has 11 years of experience in the field and 6 years working at the Blusson Spinal Cord Center with clients out of the Physical Activity Research Center (PARC). Megan also helps people virtually around the globe on their adaptive fitness and rehabilitation.
Now, with the help of her team she offer courses on fitness inclusion and the skills for working with clients with physical disabilities in the gym or studio setting. These courses are for any health and wellness practitioners who take on clients with physical disabilities
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e., Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)