ACSM CertificationHow to become ACSM Certified
Your ACSM certification (American College of Sports Medicine) will allow you to work as a personal trainer.
- Complete Infofit’s Fitness Theory Course
- Receive letter of course completion
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Training Basics (Weight Training Course)
- Recieve letter of course completion
- Take Basic CPR and First Aid Course (8 hours)
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Trainer Course
- Complete, and pass the ACSM Personal Training Certification exam
ACSM Certification - Trainer Specifics
ACSM Exam Costs
- Computer Based Format $279 for the First Time. Retake $150. Exam costs are US Dollars.
- If you are unable to sit for the original date requested, you may reschedule your exam. A rescheduling fee will be assessed for computer-based exams.
ACSM Exam Registration
- Go to: www.vue.com create an account, choose a location and date for you exam.
ACSM Exam Specifics
The ACSM Certification exam will be delivered in a computer-based testing format (English only) at Pearson VUE®Authorized Test Centers worldwide. There are 120 scored and 30 unscored multiple-choice questions based on KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) distributed across eight content areas. The table below lists the approximate percentage of questions from each content area:
|KSAs Competency Area||%|
|Exercise Prescription (Training) and Programming||28%|
|Exercise Physiology and Related Exercise Science||24%|
|Health Appraisal and Fitness Exercise Testing||13%|
|Clinical and Medical Considerations||10%|
|Nutrition and Weight Management||9%|
|Safety, Injury Prevention and Emergency Procedures||8%|
|Program Administration, Quality Assurance, and Outcome Assessment||4%|