The Clean Diet
Why Choose a Clean Diet ?
Talk to any Nutritionist and the first thing they tell you is to eat a clean diet with whole food sources. Such a simple concept however many people think that it will be difficult to achieve. Clean diet and eating at the most basic level is about eating real food or whole food. What does this mean? The easiest way to think about clean eating is that the food should remain unrefined, minimally processed or handled. In other words food should remain in its natural form from farm to plate.
Important to Eat “Clean Food”
There are many reasons it is important to eat “Clean Food”. The number one reason is whole, minimally processed sources still hold maximum nutrition. You stand to gain increased energy and vitality, a strengthened immune system, greater heart health, improved mental focus, reduced risk of diabetes, healthy weight control, better absorption of vitamins and minerals, less exposure to genetically modified foods, pesticides, and growth hormones, and fewer complications from food sensitivities.
These Recommendations Will Get Your Diet Back on Track
* Eat the colours of the rainbow – The more colourful your diet, the more nutrient rich.
* Eat dark leafy greens every day – Try using a variety of greens to amp up the nutritional value of your salads, soups, sauces, stir-fries and even smoothies.
* Eat all five tastes – Sweet, sour, salty, bitter and pungent are all found naturally and nutritionally in clean food.
* Eat foods that are grown – not manufactured. Clean food comes from a green plant, not a processing plant but a farm, not a factory.
* Skip the package – a package is the first sign that you’ve moved away from the source. Look for foods that don’t require a label to reveal what is inside.
* Buy clean food and leave the rest behind. Make the difficult choice just once at the store so you’re not faced with making it every time you open your cupboard.
* Buy and try one new clean food each time you shop. One new clean diet food a week and by the end of a year you’ll be feeling the benefits of eating clean and living well.
* Know the source of your food – Make friends with your grocer, your farmer and your local producers. Understanding where and how food was grown or produced is essential to making
Eat More Healthy Choices
Eat more of the healthiest choices from each food group and eat less of the not-so-healthy ones. That means favouring vegetables, fruits and whole grains, plus healthy proteins and fats.
Eating Smart Podcast$15.75
Mindful Eating & Digestion Tips Podcast$15.75