The North Shore Keep Well Society is a not-for-profit organization that offers older adults free exercise classes across North and West Vancouver. Our mandate is to help older adults thrive as they age through our exercise and social programming. Our exercise program focuses on movement, balance and mobility training to help seniors continue to Keep Well as they age. Programs are mostly mornings Sept to June. (One or two continue through summer.)
Our instructors provide 1 hour of group fitness training for seniors for each class. There are opportunities to take on additional shifts, cover vacation leaves and provide virtual Zoom classes. Class sizes vary between 8-40 participants per class. All fitness staff, participants and fitness staff must show proof of full vaccination status in order to participate in on site programs.
We would love to hear from you if you possess the following training, skills and abilities:
- BCRPA certified with Third Age certification for training older adults.
- Relevant experience in training seniors in programs that focus on balance, movement and mobility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and deal tactfully and diplomatically with different situations.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to motivate and encourage seniors to exercise
- Preference given to those who possess Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
Contact: [email protected] Or : 604-988-7115 ext #3001
All instructors are required to obtain a Criminal Records Check for dealing with vulnerable populations.