Fitness Centre Coordinator – Burnaby
Curtis Personalized Health Management is currently looking for a Fitness Facility Manager to join our team for our corporate client’s fitness facility located in East Van/Burnaby. We believe in building an inclusive, positive community through employee participation in a healthy corporate culture and supportive environment.
Being a part of the Curtis Health team means being a part of a supportive and motivated team of wellness-minded individuals that share a passion for delivering excellence. Our team values and recognizes the contributions of each team member that collaborates and promotes fun and creativity in our friendly, health-focused environments while encouraging our clients to thrive and meet new challenges.
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor (BCRPA, Canfitpro, ACE, or equivalent)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Answering fitness, health and exercise related questions
- Engage members in fitness and wellness-related activities to live healthy and happy lives
- Ensuring Fitness Centre is organized, clean, and clear of hazards
- Manage resources for clients and ensure accurate information is posted on boards
- Data entry/Membership Processing
- Supporting annual budget for schedule, equipment, classes, and additional programs such as sports tournament
- Monitoring Equipment maintenance and arranging repairs and recommending equipment when necessary
- Maintain group fitness activities including classes and Registered Programs and support fostering positive working relationships with contract Instructors
- Conducting and exhibiting outstanding customer service at all levels
- Providing leadership and supporting team members in doing their best work
- Ensure that all shifts are attended, and classes are covered in absence of the Manager.
- Developing stats for classes, small purchases when approved, changing door signs & VM
- Timely communication emails to Curtis team and members.
- Managing CRM software for personal training clients and registered classes
- Invoices to Manager when requested
- Assist with quarterly planning
- Assist Manager with special event planning
- Supporting the management of bike facilities
Experience and Abilities:
- Excellent command of the English language: verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive and Gmail, and ability to learn other programs such as Volo, Square, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and make sound judgment for the benefit of our clients and team.
- Proven ability to multitask while delivering a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and contribute to overall vision while maintaining an attention to detail.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to supervise, inspire and lead a team of Fitness coordinators, Fitness Instructors, and Personal Trainers.
- Must be able to work independently while providing the highest level of customer care.
- Work well under pressure and demonstrates a sense of urgency and accountability in time-sensitive situations.
- Experience in the hospitality or fitness industry is an asset.
- Detail oriented
- Stamina, energy, and willingness to commit to quality proactive results
- A personal commitment to service, ability to provide friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and timely assistance
Mon 10 am to 6 pm
Wed 8 am to 2 pm
Thurs 12 to 6 pm
Fri 10 am to 2 pm
Total hours 24 hours per week
Hours may be supplemented with opportunities for Personal Training starting at $35/hr and Group Fitness Instruction starting at $27/hr.
Benefits: Working with an amazing team and clients, ability for growth, flexible schedule, Personal Health Benefits Plan, On-site gym, Wellness program, Employee Assistance Program, Coaching, Education Tokens.
Please submit all applications with a resume to [email protected]