Curtis Personalized Health Management is currently looking for a Fitness Facility Manager to join our team for our corporate client’s fitness facility located in Burnaby. We believe in building an inclusive, positive community through employee participation in a healthy corporate culture and supportive environment.
Being a part of the Curtis Health team means being a part of a supportive and motivated team of wellness-minded individuals that share a passion for delivering excellence. Our team values and recognizes the contributions of each team member that collaborates and promotes fun and creativity in our friendly, health-focused environments while encouraging our clients to thrive and meet new challenges.
In 1985 Charles Curtis opened Curtis Personalized Health Management Ltd (Curtis Health), a leader in individual and Corporate Health and Wellness, has built upon its foundation of creative programming, unprecedented service, effective health promotion and wellness solutions to include a full scope of individual and corporate fitness, health and wellness services, fitness facility management and operations.
Our clientele encompasses all types of organizations ranging from hi-tech and gaming, to government, manufacturing, and transportation, as well as Employee Assistance Providers and Corporate / Business park fitness facility management.
We are pleased to be currently providing corporate health and wellness services to over 12 corporations and corporate parks onsite containing more than 27 fitness centres.
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor (BCRPA, Canfitpro, ACE, or equivalent)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Answering fitness and exercise-related questions
- Engage members in fitness and wellness-related activities to live healthy and happy lives
- Ensuring Fitness Centre is organized, clean, and clear of hazards
- Responsible for scheduling and ensuring that all shifts are attended
- Manage resources for clients and ensure accurate information is posted on boards
- Monitoring Annual Budget for schedule, equipment, classes, and additional programs
- Month End Stats reporting
- Site Planning including quarterly planning and special events
- Monitoring Equipment maintenance and arranging repairs and recommending equipment when necessary
- Communicate issues and planning with Property Management Contact
- Maintain group fitness activities including classes and Registered Programs and foster positive working relationships with contract Instructors
- Conducting and exhibiting outstanding customer service at all levels
- Providing leadership and supporting team members in doing their best work
- Excellent command of the English language: verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive and Gmail, and ability to learn other programs such as Volo, Square, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and make sound judgments for the benefit of our clients and team.
- Proven ability to multitask while delivering a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and contribute to overall vision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to supervise, inspire and lead a team of Fitness coordinators, Fitness Instructors, and Personal Trainers.
- Must be able to work independently while providing the highest level of customer care.
- Work well under pressure and demonstrates a sense of urgency and accountability in time-sensitive situations.
- Experience in the hospitality or fitness industry is an asset.
Flexible schedule, on-site gym, Health Spending Account, on-site parking, wellness program, Employee Assistance Program, Coaching, and Education Tokens. 5 minute walk from Gilmore Skytrain Station
Monday – Friday, flexible depending on operational needs. 40 hours per week (opportunities for Fitness Classes starting at $ 27/class and Personal Training starting at $ 35/session
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit all applications with a resume to [email protected]. Thank you.
Curtis Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.