Are you prepared to train a client with a recent injury or completed physical therapy recently?
This course will teach you about common orthopaedic injuries of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder and spine, medical treatment including physical therapy received. In addition learn about common neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary and special populations. Understand the principles of post-rehabilitation training. Learn how to work with clients with a history of injury. This course will teach you how to design safe and effective programs, understanding the ‘why’ behind exercise prescription and selection, helping your clients reach optimal wellness safely. This dynamic course is part of the Advanced Training Specialist course (ATS).
The course begins with reviewing the reasons for how a dysfunction(pathology) develops. Next, common orthopaedic and neuromuscular conditions are reviewed. Including the pathophysiology/mechanism of injury, common signs & symptoms, medical management and post-therapy training with rationale. Next common cardiopulmonary/cardiovascular and special population conditions are reviewed. Lastly, common vestibular conditions are reviewed providing additional insight for the personal trainer. In sum, this is an ideal resource for personal trainers who truly want to understand the science behind the movement and wish to work effectively with any client.
This package with an online test includes a 79-page manual and 28-page workbook in PDF format. Included within the unit and workbook are two practice examinations testing the reader’s comprehension of the material. In addition, you have access to over 50 videos explaining the course material in more detail.
- Understand and learn about common orthopaedic, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, cardiovascular and special population dysfunctions occur in extensive detail.
- Understand common pathology/movement dysfunctions that involve the orthopaedic, neuromuscular systems and special populations.
- Understand the mechanism of injury, common symptoms, medical management, common physical therapy treatment and post-therapy training with recommendations based on evidence-based research and practical application.
- Be able to design sample and advanced post-therapy training programs to work with common movement dysfunctions of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder and spine that are evidenced-based.
- Be able to identify at least one exercise that is contraindicated with all orthopaedic injuries or movement dysfunctions.
Section 1: How common movement dysfunctions develop
Section 2: Orthopedic and musculoskeletal dysfunction
Section 3: Neuromuscular conditions
Section 4: Cardiopulmonary Conditions
Section 5: Special and High-Risk Population Conditions
Section 6: Vestibular Disorders
This course will teach you about common orthopaedic injuries of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder and spine, medical treatment including physical therapy received.