Help your clients after a cardiac event
Did you know that prior to the 1960’s, the prescription for those who suffered a cardiac event such as a heart attack or open-heart surgery was bed rest for up-to three months?
Today, we know that this is the worst thing to do. Exercise, education, and nutrition have become the new rehabilitation approach for the 21st Century and this includes you, the fitness professional.
Join Andre Noel Potvin as he introduces you to the cardiac rehabilitation process and how you can help those suffering with cardiovascular disease or recovering from a heart attack or open-heart surgery.
By the end of this webinar, you will learn:
- Alarming statistics of the nature of cardiovascular disease and death in Canada
- The standard cardiac rehabilitation approach for those individuals who have experienced heart attacks and open-heart surgery
- Research findings of the physiological responses to aerobic and resistance training in the cardiac client
- The aerobic and resistance training exercise guidelines for stable “low risk” cardiac clients
- The do’s and don’ts of training the cardiac client