Help your clients after a cardiac event
In the past, bed rest for up to three months was prescribed for those who suffered a cardiac event. Today, we know that exercise, education, and nutrition are essential for rehabilitation. Join Andre Noel Potvin to learn how you can help your clients with cardiovascular disease or who are recovering from heart attack or open-heart surgery.
Andre Noel Potvin will introduce you to the cardiac rehabilitation process and provide insights on how to support your clients. You will learn alarming statistics of cardiovascular disease and death in Canada, the standard rehabilitation approach, and research findings on physiological responses to training. Get equipped with the knowledge on the do’s and don’ts of training the cardiac client.
By the end of the webinar, you will:
- Learn the alarming statistics of cardiovascular disease in Canada
- Understand the standard rehabilitation approach for heart attack and open-heart surgery patients
- Gain knowledge of the physiological responses to aerobic and resistance training
- Get familiar with the exercise guidelines for low-risk cardiac clients
- Know the do’s and don’ts of training the cardiac client.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e. Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)