Learn About the Benefits of Strength Training for Soccer
The Strength Training for Soccer CE Course is an expertly developed resource, created in collaboration with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), which provides a comprehensive understanding of the benefits of resistance training for soccer players. It offers practical experience, evidence-based training methodologies, and research-based insights, as well as a general analysis of soccer biomechanics and an examination of the physical demands of each position on the field, including goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards.
By utilizing these analyses, coaches and trainers can develop effective training programs that help their athletes improve their performance on the field. Additionally, the book features:
- 10 detailed protocols to test soccer players’ strength, power, speed, agility, and high-intensity aerobic endurance capacity
- 6 total body resistance exercises with 4 variations
- 11 lower body exercises with 23 variations
- 18 upper body exercises with 44 variations
- 22 anatomical core exercises with 32 variations
- 27 sample programs for off-season, preseason, in-season, and postseason resistance training
Each resistance training exercise includes a series of photos and a detailed description of the primary muscles trained, starting positions and movement phases, breathing guidelines, modifications and variations, and coaching tips. This enables coaches and trainers to gain a deeper understanding of the muscles involved in each exercise and design a complete and targeted resistance training program.
Improve Soccer Performance
Upon completing the course and passing the exam, participants can obtain a certificate for continuing education credits.
The learning objectives of the Strength Training for Soccer CE Course include:
- Explaining the importance of resistance training for soccer athletes
- Describing the movements performed in soccer, including a position-specific analysis
- Describing the different physical qualities related to performance in soccer
- Describing and selecting appropriate testing protocols
- Selecting appropriate exercises for soccer athletes
- Describing training program variables for resistance training of soccer athletes
- Explaining safe and effective exercises, spotting, and breathing techniques in the performance of resistance training exercises
- Identifying the primary muscles trained with specific resistance training exercises
- Describing the goals, objectives, length, structure, and organization of a resistance training program for the off-season, preseason, in-season, and postseason.
The course includes:
- Strength Training for Soccer eBook
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e., Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)