Learn Program Design for Pre & Post Natal Clients
Learn how to design safe and appropriate workout programs for your pre & post-natal clients, this course will cover intensity levels, exercise modifications, demonstrates appropriate core strengthening and pelvic floor exercises; and includes suspended body weight, flexibility, relaxation, and breathing exercises. It also recommends guidelines for strength training, water exercise, and competitive sports during pregnancy.
- Identify the current research and the effects of exercise on maternal and fetal health.
- Describe anatomical and physiological changes that occur during pregnancy.
- Discuss the current American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and international guidelines for exercise during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Outline safe and appropriate exercise design for prenatal and postpartum women and discuss considerations for training during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Identify specific and appropriate exercises and activities for prenatal and postpartum women.
- Explain the benefits and guidelines of water exercises for pregnant clients.
- Outline suggestions for initiating or enhancing a prenatal and postpartum exercise program.
- Identify postnatal exercise goals and program design considerations for recovery from both vaginal birth and cesarean delivery.
- Identify complications and common conditions of pregnancy and postpartum and management strategies.
- Discuss fitness practitioners’ professional responsibilities, including health screening, monitoring exercise, record keeping, and emergency procedures.
- Identify available resources that can be used in prenatal and postpartum exercise instruction and programming.
Included in the course: (All contents are delivered online)
- Continuing education exam (55 questions, multiple choice and T&F)
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e., Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)