Periodization, Planning & Programming
If you’ve ever struggled with programming, you’re not alone! But, it doesn’t have to be complicated, sometimes simplicity works.
Over the past 15 years,Chris has had the good fortune of working with hundreds of clients and athletes in both Australia and Canada.If he’s learned anything it’s that having a long-term plan is essential to success. Periodization is the “big picture” or scaffolding that holds everything together and sets the parameters for programming.
In this webinar we’ll take a dive into the 3 main models of Periodization: Parallel, Emphasis and Sequential. We’ll have a look at the basic phases that serve to build on one another and we’ll explore why a long term plan is important in athlete and client development.
You will learn:
- The difference between periodization and programming
- A better understanding of how to lay out macro, meso and microcycles
- Off-season vs in-season requirements
- 3 major ways to set the structure of the periodized plan
- 3 major phases with basic time frames
- Basic examples of periodization