Learn how to address the Dietary needs of special populations.
A home study, continuing education course, that addresses the nutritional needs and exercise prescription guidelines for children, adolescents and older adults.
- identifies the impact of nutrition and physical activity on the physiological changes with menopause and during pregnancy and lactation
- distinguishes different types of vegetarianism and explains the pros and cons of vegetarianism
- distinguishes between overweight, obesity and healthy weight
- provides methods for assessing body composition
- how to calculate energy needs and dietary guidelines
- the role of dietary supplements in weight loss
- the role of aerobic exercise and resistance training in promoting weight loss
- the impact of nutrition and the importance of exercise and physical activity in managing Diabetes Mellitus
- nutrition and exercise prescription for the treatment of eating disorders are discussed.
- ways that the body can gain or lose heat in varying environments
- exercise prescription guidelines for special populations; including children, adolescents, older adults, with menopause, during pregnancy and lactation, the overweight and obese, diabetics and those with eating disorders
The Nutrition for Special Dietary Needs™ is perfect for health and fitness professionals (personal trainers, group fitness instructors, health/wellness coaches, sports nutrition specialists and athletic trainers) who want to dramatically increase their knowledge about nutritional needs of special populations
Electronic format — The Nutrition for Special Dietary Needs™ certificate package with online test includes the eBook version of the 200-page Fitness Nutrition for Special Dietary Needs Note: This course package is made available for immediate access and download after purchase. All materials for this electronic format course are available immediately electronically.
Instructions for completing the 50 questions multiple-choice online test and obtaining CECs are also included in PDF format.