Webinar Presented By: Chris Gellert, PT, MPT, CSCS, C-IASTM, CPC
Have you heard of movement screening? Are you unsure about what exactly it is and how it can be used.
Movement screening is about observing a series of sample movements and creating a “movement profile” of what a person can and cannot do. It is a way to analyze movement patterns and observe mobility and stability deficits.
What is the purpose of a movement screen?
It is a way to assess and then correct muscle imbalances that occur during movement. This will help you address or prevent your client’s chronic pain as a result of poor posture or previous injuries. The results from a movement screen can be used to prevent chronic pain and injury.
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify the foundational parts of a movement screen.
- Perform a movement screen identifying common postural(tight) vs. phasic (weak)
- Compare the fundamental components behind both a musculoskeletal and movement screen.
- Identify and recognize warning signs or red flags that indicate the client needs evaluation or treatment from a licensed medical professional.
- Interpret recognizing normal vs. abnormal movement patterns and be able to modify and select appropriate exercises.
Join this webinar and learn how you can add movement screening to help your clients.
About Chris Gellert
Chris Gellert, PT, MMusc & Sportsphysio, MPT, CSCS, C-IASTM, CPC, CEO Pinnacle Training & Consulting Systems, LLC
Experienced Physical Therapist, Educator, Presenter, Consultant, and Personal Trainer
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e. Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)