Fun and easy way to advance your knowledge
This ACE approved Webinar bundle is a fun and easy way to advance your knowledge and earn your ACE CEC’s with the click of a button.
Infofit’s Webinar Series are for fitness professionals looking to enhance their knowledge base and improve client results. Each bundle includes 10 x 45-60 min Webinars, showcasing a variety of subjects focusing on the most current industry information. Every Webinar is related to enhancing your knowledge as a Fitness professional.
Obtaining your 1.0 CEC’s is easy! Simply watch each webinar, take some notes and then complete the quiz included in the email to receive your CEC’s.
Infofit’ s Webinar Series Includes:
1) Training the Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement Client by Chris Gellert MPT, CSCS, C-IAST & NASM- CPT
2) Training Techniques for High Performance Older Athletes presented by Andre Noel Potvin MSc, ACE CPT, BCRPA TFL
3) Muscle Imbalance, Muscle Testing and Correction presented by Dr Katie Gaskin, Board-Certified Chiropractor, Functional Movement Screening (FMS), SmartTools Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy (IASTT), RockTape, Shockwave Therapy Canada, and Medical Acupuncture
4) The PT’S Guide to Rehabilitating the Hip, Knee and Ankle presented by Andre Noel Potvin MSc, ACE CPT, BCRPA TFL
5) Top 10 Causes of Back Pain and The Exercise Solutions Webinar presented by Andre Noel Potvin MSc, ACE CPT, BCRPA TFL
6) Exercise Prescription for Balance and Stability presented by Chris Gellert MPT, CSCS, C-IAST & NASM- CPT
7) Alzheimer’s Disease and Exercise presented by Rebecca Fleeman, PhD Candidate, Biomedical Sciences
8) Training the Cardiac Client presented by Andre Noel Potvin MSc, ACE CPT, BCRPA TFL
9) Periodization, Planning and Programming presented by Chris Hughes MExSc (S&C), BA, ASCA, DipFit, ACE-CPT
10) Postural Assessment and Pain Resolution presented by Andre Noel Potvin MSc, ACE CPT, BCRPA TFL
You Will Learn:
Training the Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement Client:
- Learn how to design programs for TKR and THP
- Learn which exercises are safe and effective
- Leave this webinar with a deeper understanding about TKR and TKR and be able to apply what you learn the very next day with your clients.
Training Techniques for High Performance Older Athletes:
- Apply the latest exercise science research to your training or classes
- Apply new training strategies for high-performance results for the older athlete
- Understand the dos and don’ts of training the aging population
Muscle Imbalance, Muscle Testing and Correction:
- Common muscle imbalances in clients and how to detect these
- Different ways to accomplish muscle testing and what the results mean
- Understanding how muscle imbalances impact the myofascial chains they’re connected to, and how this can lead to injury
- Signs that a muscle imbalance is “more” than a muscle imbalance, and when to refer to a healthcare professional
- Rehab exercises that help to correct imbalances
The PT’S Guide to Rehabilitating the Hip, Knee and Ankle:
- Review the basic anatomy of the hip, knee and ankle.
- Learn a variety of rehabilitation exercises for the hip, knee and ankle.
- Know when and how to progress your client to the next level.
- Know when to refer to a health-care professional.
Top Ten causes of Back Pain:
- The top 10 correctable causes of back pain
- Symptoms requiring medical attention
- Symptoms you can relieve
- Safe and effective methods and exercise protocols for reducing back pain
- How to progress or regress your exercises based on your clients’ responses
Exercise Prescription for Balance and Stability:
- Identify the foundation of balance and what comprises balance
- Perform 2-3 static and dynamic balance assessments
- Identify the foundation of exercise prescription
- Design a program for improving balance and stability based on science
- How to ‘tweek’ and modify exercises either to progress or regress
Training the Cardiac Client:
- Alarming statistics of the nature of cardiovascular disease and death in Canada
- The standard cardiac rehabilitation approach for those individuals who have experienced heart attacks and open-heart surgery
- Research findings of the physiological responses to aerobic and resistance training in the cardiac client
- The aerobic and resistance training exercise guidelines for stable “low risk” cardiac clients
- The dos and don’ts of training the cardiac client
Periodization, Planning and Programming:
- The difference between periodization and programming
- A better understanding of how to lay out macro, meso and microcycles
- Off-season vs in-season requirements
- 3 major ways to set the structure of the periodized plan
- 3 major phases with basic time frames
- Basic examples of periodization
Training the Aging Population:
- Aging Trends, Facts and Fiction
- Overview of Trainer’s Role and Scope of Practice
- Health Screening
- Physiological changes as we age
- Testing Balance, Cardio, Strength and Flexibility
- Training Do’s and Don’ts -Tips and Suggestions
- Motivating the Elderly and more …
Alzheimer’s and Exercise
- What is Alzheimer’s – Symptoms, diagnosis, pathology, treatments
- Risk Factors for Alzheimer’s – Genetics, aging, environmental/lifestyle impact
- The impact exercise has on Alzheimer’s – Review current knowledge/research on Alzheimer’s prevention/treatment with exercise
For any questions regarding course dates, please contact Admissions.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e. Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)