High Performance Training for Sports
This High-Performance training continuing education course presents the best athlete conditioning practices and programs from around the world. Elite international strength and conditioning specialists and sports physiotherapists explain and demonstrate the most effective methods of current sports science and sports medicine to enhance athletic performance.
The best athlete conditioning practices for high performance
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Assess the physical capacity and readiness of an athlete for training and sports.
- Explain the youth physical development model.
- Articulate methods of developing strength and power, speed, and endurance in young athletes.
- Define mental health and summarize principles and strategies to promote positive mental health.
- Illustrate efficiency of movement to maximize performance.
- Explain the trunk training continuum.
- Assess the flexibility and mobility of an athlete.
- Create appropriate intervention strategies for improved flexibility and mobility.
- Explain approaches to monitoring training load.
- Identify strategies that have a positive impact on coaching and leadership.
- Explain core principles of strength training for sport performance.
- Define complex training.
- Evaluate sprint technique and performance in novice to elite athletes.
- Describe proper training methods for jumping and landing.
- Explain agility and principles for coaching change-of-direction ability.
- Measure anaerobic power for sports.
- Employ proper training and supplementation methods for anaerobic power training.
- Employ proper training methods for aerobic power training.
- Describe the language of cueing and the communication loop.
- Summarize the science of predictive coding.
- Explain the general adaptation syndrome theory and the use of training units.
Each topic is addressed by world-renowned experts in specific areas of sport conditioning and is supplemented by case studies and interviews with coaches of some of the world’s most well-known teams and athletes. These studies enhance the understanding of how the science is interpreted and manipulated to develop some of the world’s best sport performers.
The study guide contains a course syllabus, chapter objectives, and end-of-chapter learning activities to prepare you for the 100-question continuing education exam at the conclusion of the course.
Whether working with high-performance athletes of any age or with those recovering from injury, this course will help develop human performance and athletic capacity.