Expand Your Clinical Exercise & Rehab Knowledge for the Shoulder, Elbow & Wrist
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM.
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and The American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses specifically designed for the Fitness Trainer that has an interest in expanding their knowledge in clinical exercise and rehabilitation.
Students will learn foundation knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the fitness trainer on the following objectives:
- Explaining and implementing the general guidelines for exercise prescription for a variety of common conditions related to the shoulders, elbows and wrists
- Demonstrating and teaching corrective exercises for a variety of common conditions related to the shoulders, elbows, and wrists
- Leave feeling confident that you are helping and not hurting your client or yourself
- Learning to recognize when a client is able to advance to the next level
- Learn to describe alternative treatments that are available including the services of other health-care professionals
- Understand when to refer to another health professional
Infofit’s Clinical Exercise Specialist Programs do not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.
The student will be provided with handouts that detail the specific course content.
100% attendance is expected. Those that miss part of the course will be required to make time up with a tutor.
Progress & Assessment
Students will be assessed through instructor feedback and mentorship throughout the training session.
Learning outcomes are dependent on individual course content.
Students are asked to wear comfortable gym wear and running shoes.
- 18 years of age or over (government ID required)
- The ability to speak and understand English
- A passion for fitness
- Certified Personal Trainer or Equivalent
Payment Plan Option(s)