Expand Your Clinical Exercise & Rehab Knowledge in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Presented by Andre Noel Potvin, M.Sc. Cardiac Rehabilitation, ACE, BCRPA-TFL, ACSM.
Recognized by the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and The American Council on Exercise (ACE) for providing Continuing Education Credits (CEC), the Clinical Exercise & Rehabilitation Workshop Series (CES) are a select group of courses specifically designed for the Fitness Trainer that has an interest in expanding their knowledge in clinical exercise and rehabilitation.
Students will learn foundation knowledge in exercise rehabilitation, training special population groups, and advanced knowledge in fitness testing and assessments.
The course will educate the fitness trainer on the following objectives:
- Demonstrating skill in accurately measuring heart rate, blood pressure, RPE, Talk test at rest, during a graded exercise SubMaxVO2 treadmill test and post-exercise.
- Developing and implementing an appropriate exercise prescription for stable “low-risk” individuals with cardiovascular disease
- Adapting exercise prescriptions for the cardiac client to accommodate physical disabilities and complications
- Instructing cardiac clients in self-management exercise techniques for performing physical activities safely and effectively in unsupervised exercise settings
- Enhancing fitness professionals’ self-confidence in their ability to work with cardiac clients by detailing the supportive scientific evidence and proven implementation strategies
Infofit’ s Clinical Exercise Specialist Programs do not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.
The student will be provided with handouts that detail the specific course content.
100% attendance is expected. Those that miss part of the course will be required to make time up with a tutor.
Progress & Assessment
Students will be assessed through instructor feedback and mentorship throughout the training session.
Learning outcomes are dependent on individual course content.
Students are asked to wear comfortable gym wear and running shoes.
- 18 years of age or over (government ID required)
- The ability to speak and understand English
- A passion for fitness
- Certified Personal Trainer or Equivalent
Payment Plan Option(s)