Application science behind human movement.
Infofit has affiliated with Pinnacle Training & Consulting Systems (PTCS) to bring you the Advanced Training Specialist Certification (ATS). The ATS Program consists of five dynamic home study courses that simplify movement. Specifically, these courses not only simplify movement, but they also teach the foundation science, functional assessments and most importantly, the application science behind human movement.
Each course provides access to over 50 videos, articles and study workbooks, teaching you how the body works from the inside out.
The Advanced Training Specialist (ATS) Full Certification Program consists of 5 Dynamic Home Study Courses that can be purchased as a package or individually.
Take all 5 and receive your Advanced Training Specialist (ATS) Certification.
You will learn:
- Identify the primary bones, joints, muscles and connective tissue in the upper and lower body that are involved with movement.
- Identify the four primary rotator cuff muscles and identify the primary functional anatomy behind daily movements, such as sit to stand, getting dressed, reaching, walking, etc., and providing clarity on how the movement is supposed to occur vs. dysfunction.
- Identify the primary functional anatomy and muscles behind the movement in sport-specific movements such as swimming, tennis, volleyball and other sports, providing clarity on how the movement is supposed to occur vs. dysfunction.
- Be able to perform a biomechanical analysis of everyday movements as well as common sport movements.
- Identify the areas that have been shown both in science and evidence-based research that are called “the weak links” of the human kinematic chain.
- Learn about the fundamentals of biomechanics, biomechanics of movement, biomechanical principles, biomechanics of various structures & tissues including; connective tissue, tendons and bones.
- Perform static and dynamic movement assessment of daily and sport-specific movement, identifying normal vs. abnormal movement patterns.
- Identify three reasons why screening and referrals to other allied health professionals is important.
- Identify common postural dysfunctions, how posture dysfunctions occur, and be able to teach effective training strategies to address such dysfunction.
Apply the foundations of neuromuscular training and motor control with every client.
- Identify the four stabilizers at the lumbopelvic junction, their role, be able to assess and retrain properly with practical application, based on evidence-based research.
- Understand the key integrative training principles of training and be able to apply these with all clients.
- Design sample-training programs for clients with injuries as well as sport-specific.
- Understand the principles of therapeutic exercise and program design with any client.
- Identify appropriate exercises for your client based on medical history, prior level of function, fitness testing and personal goals.
- Understand the foundation behind periodization training and how these principles apply to all clients and be able to design sample microcycle, mesocycle, macrocycle programs for clients.
- Understand the foundation of sport-specific training, including agility, power and speed.
- Perform common agility, power and speed tests proficiently with appropriate clients.
- Understand common orthopaedic, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, cardiovascular and special population dysfunctions of the upper and lower body in extensive detail.
- Recognize a movement dysfunction, mechanism of injury, common symptoms, medical management, common physical therapy treatment and post-therapy training with recommendations based on evidence-based research with practical application.
- Identify with common orthopaedic movement dysfunctions such as ACL reconstruction, TKR, THR, RTC repair, etc. 1-3 exercises that are contraindicated, while identifying 3 exercises that are safe based on science.
ATS Course Objectives
To truly understand the science behind human movement with respect to anatomy, base pathologies, functional anatomy, biomechanics, exercise prescription, program design and periodization training. The fundamental training principles that all personal trainers should truly understand. To promote deeper learning and understanding beyond just assessment of a client. To understand why you perform beyond just a basic assessment, what the objective findings mean and how this information relates to designing an exercise program taking into consideration the client’s health status, exercise history and goals.
To truly understand the synergistic actions of how human movement occurs from the inside out, how common dysfunctions occur and how to train clients based on evidence-based research and scientific principles. It is important that all personal trainers stay within their scope of practice.
To challenge the personal trainer to think deeper when analyzing movement, to truly understand the science behind the movement and provide rationale with exercise prescription, and programming with all clients
- Course PDF manual.
- PDF Study Workbook.
- 50+ videos to complement the courses.
- All examination costs.
- Exam instructions and CEU credit process is also included.
- Upon purchase of the course, we will email all course materials.
- Once ready you take the 125-question multiple-choice test.
- Upon passing, 70% minimum, you will be emailed a PDF Certificate.
- Design sample beginner and advanced programs for common orthopaedic, neuromuscular and movement dysfunctions with your clients.
Possess a national personal training certification from one of the following fitness agencies:
- ACE, ACSM, AFLCA, AFAA, Australian certifications required Certificate III (Fitness) & Certificate IV (Personal Trainer), BCRPA, Canfitpro, CFES, NASM, NSCA, NCSF, NFPT or
- WITS respectively and possess a minimum of 2-3 years of personal training experience and possess a valid CPR & first aid certification.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in one of the following related fields: Exercise physiology, exercise science or human movement, kinesiology, physics, biology-related science degree and an advanced certification (i.e. N.S.C.A-CSCS, A.C.S.M.-CHFS, NASM-CES, NASM-PES or equivalent).