Science Based Approach to Metabolic Strength Training
This package includes the following resources to help you understand and implement a science-based approach to fat loss through strength training:
- Strength Training for Fat Loss book by Nick Tumminello
- Online study guide
- Recorded webinar
- Online continuing education exam
In the book, Nick Tumminello explains the three Cs of metabolic strength training: circuits, combinations, and complexes. These techniques are designed to accelerate metabolism, maximize fat loss, and maintain muscle. The book includes step-by-step instructions and photos for over 150 exercises, using a variety of equipment including barbells, dumbbells, resistance bands, machines, and body weight.
Benefits of strength training on body composition
The package also includes 30 predesigned workouts for clients to use at home and in the gym, as well as guidance on programming and sequencing to customize programs for each client. Additionally, the book provides realistic nutrition advice to help clients regulate their metabolism, stay healthy, and lose fat while maintaining muscle.
The one-hour recorded webinar provides additional insight into the beneficial effects of strength exercise on body composition, metabolic rate, and resting blood pressure. The accompanying study guide offers learning activities to help you focus on the important concepts in each chapter.
Upon completion of the course and passing the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Understand the benefits of fat loss through strength training.
- Learn the three main concepts of metabolic strength training and how to apply them in workout programs.
- Understand nutrition concepts that accelerate metabolism for fat loss and complement strength training exercise programs.
- Design effective metabolic strength training programs to meet specific fat loss goals.
- Learn proper positioning and technique for circuit, combination, and complex training routines with weight equipment and body weight.
- Learn proper warm-up and cool-down techniques for strength training for fat loss.
- Develop progressive, systematic strength training workout programs for fat loss for beginning and advanced exercisers.
- Understand the science and research related to strength training and weight-loss.
- Certified Fitness Professional (i.e. Personal Trainer, Group Fitness, Aqua Fitness or another fitness related certification)
Payment Plan Option(s)