BCRPA CertificationHow to become BCRPA Certified
Your BCRPA certification (British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association) will assist you to work as a personal trainer in municipally owned or managed BC Recreation & Community Centres. These community fitness and wellness organizations usually prefer BCRPA Certification as opposed to an international certification like ACE, ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
BCRPA Certification can be used to work as a Personal Trainer in the following places:
- Recreation Centres
- Community Centres
- Big Box Gyms (Snap Fitness, Club 16, Golds Gym, Fitness World)
- Private Personal Training Studios
- To work for yourself
BCRPA registration costs:
- Fitness Theory exam $110
- BCRPA registration fee $109
- Weight Training ICE $157.50 for Infofit Students in person , Infofit Students online ICE $210, $204.75 for Non Infofit Students in person
- Personal Training ICE $157.50 for Infofit Students in person , Infofit Students online ICE $210, $204.75 for Non Infofit Students in person
- Personal Training exam $85 + $30 Proctor Fee
BCRPA Certification - Phase 1
- Complete Infofit’s Fitness Theory Course
- Write & pass BCRPA fitness theory exam $110
- Complete basic CPR first aid course (8 hours)
- Submit copies of Fitness Theory passing exam grade, First aid & CPR/AED, and $109 registration fee to BCRPA.
- Receive 120 days of Insurance coverage to safely work with clientele and prepare for BCRPA ICE exam
Congratulations, you are now a Registered BCRPA Weight Room On-Floor Service Instructor!
BCRPA Certification - Phase 2
You must complete 12 beginner-level programs for clients before you start the Personal training course. This is a written assignment, more details will be provided after you complete your Weight Training ICE.
BCRPA Certification - Phase 3
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Trainer Course
- Pass BCRPA’s Personal Trainer’s Theory Exam (This can be taken at Infofit)
- Pass BCRPA’s Personal Trainer’s Instructor Competency Evaluation (ICE) The ICE package can be found here (Personal Training). You can complete your ICE at Infofit, you can see the schedule for ICE exams here.
- We have created this video regarding the PT ICE.
Congratulations, you are now a Provincially Registered BCRPA Certified Personal Trainer!
Maintain Your BCRPA Certification Registration
- You will require 6 hours of qualifying continuing education credits every year (webinars, podcasts, courses, or workshops). You can see a list of all of the Infofit approved workshops here https://infofit.ca/personal-training-fitness-courses/.
- You will need to submit your completed CEC’s into your registry account.
- You will need to maintain your First aid and CPR/AED registration in order to renew.
- Renewal cost $150.00