ACE CertificationHow to become ACE Certified
Your ACE certification (American Council on Exercise) will allow you to work as a personal trainer in a variety of the World's countries, including the United States, Canada and all of their states and provinces. You may not be able to work in a local community centre or recreation centre with only an ACE certification, so check your local requirements.
ACE Certification can be used to work as a Personal Trainer in the following places:
- Big Box Gyms (Snap Fitness, Club 16, Golds Gym, Fitness World)
- Private Personal Training Studios
- To work for yourself
ACE registration costs:
- CPR/AED Certification
- ACE exam $399 USD (for non Infofit Students, $499.00 USD)
ACE Certification - Phase 1
- Complete Infofit’s Fitness Theory Course
- Receive letter of course completion
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Training Basics (Weight Training Course)
- Recieve letter of course completion
- Take Basic CPR and First Aid Course (8 hours)
ACE Certification - Phase 2
- Complete Infofit’s Personal Trainer Course
- Receive letter of completion
- Complete and pass the ACE Trainer Certification exam
Maintain Your ACE Certification Registration
- Maintain your CPR/AED certification
- Complete 2.0 CEC’s (20 Hours) every two years, this can be in the form of webinars, podcasts, online courses or in-person workshops. You can see a list of all of the Infofit approved workshops here.
- You will need to submit your CEC’s into your ACE account.
- Renewal cost $129 USD
If you plan on moving outside of Canada or the USA, you can use this website to determine what might be required.
ACE Certification - Trainer Specifics
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to write the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam
- You must hold an adult CPR certification before scheduling your exam
ACE Exam Costs
- Computer Based Format , $399 USD for the First Time (Infofit students receive a discounted rate . Retakes are $249 USD
- If you are unable to sit for the original date requested, you may reschedule your exam. A $149 rescheduling fee will be assessed for computer-based exams.
ACE Exam Specifics
- Passing grade for the exam is about 68%
- Exam is 150 multiple choice questions
- Content covers anatomy, physiology and nutrition; screening, assessing and communicating with clients; exercise science, programming, instruction and spotting techniques; lifestyle modification and professional scope of practice