ACE CertificationHow to become ACE Certified
Become an ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Your ACE certification (American Council on Exercise) will allow you to work as a personal trainer in a variety of the World's countries, including the United States, Canada and all of their states and provinces. You may not be able to work in a local community centre or recreation centre with only an ACE. BCRPA may be be the preferred Certification for Community Centres. Check your local requirements.
ACE Certified Personal Trainers can be used to work as a Personal Trainer in the following places:
- Big Box Gyms (Snap Fitness, Club 16, Golds Gym, Fitness World etc.)
- Private Personal Training Studios
- To work for yourself
ACE registration costs:
- CPR & AED Certification $95-100
- ACE exam $399 USD (for non Infofit Students, $499.00 USD)
Maintain Your ACE Certification Registration
- Maintain your CPR/AED certification
- Complete 2.0 CEC’s (20 Hours) every two years, this can be in the form of webinars, podcasts, online courses or in-person workshops. You can see a list of all of the Infofit approved workshops here.
- You will need to submit your CEC’s into your ACE account.
- Renewal cost $129 USD
If you plan on moving outside of Canada or the USA, you can use this website to determine what might be required.
ACE Certification - Trainer Specifics
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to write the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam
- You must hold an adult CPR certification before scheduling your exam
- Computer Based Format , $399 USD for the First Time (Infofit students receive a discounted rate . Retakes are $249 USD
- If you are unable to sit for the original date requested, you may reschedule your exam. A $149 rescheduling fee will be assessed for computer-based exams.
- Passing grade for the exam is about 68%
- Exam is 150 multiple choice questions
- Content covers anatomy, physiology and nutrition; screening, assessing and communicating with clients; exercise science, programming, instruction and spotting techniques; lifestyle modification and professional scope of practice