Like it? Share it!
Fast Track Your Personal Training Career with these tips.
Fitness Career Tips :
- Take a course in leading a class in group fitness. Attend a few successful group fitness classes for the work experience in understanding what is needed.
- Expand your knowledge in outdoor fitness training as well as gym-based, as it makes you think more laterally on how to train people.
- Get certified in nutrition as it’s a key factor in improving your clients’ condition and reaching fitness goals.
- Try to get involved with peers and leaders in the industry, so you can share knowledge, learn and understand so you can deal with all types of clients.
- Get yourself a good bookkeeper, so you know what can be written off your taxes, you need to learn what you can claim.
- Learn how to train the fastest-growing population in the nation’s health clubs; fitness for individuals 50 yrs and older.
- Have a structured system to hold your clients accountable in reaching their goal. Make sure they meet you in the middle.
- Offer a bundle of fitness sessions at a discount to encourage clients to commit to training with you.
- Practice what you preach and walk your talk. You don’t have to look like professional athlete, but you should be able to demonstrate the exercises your clients are doing.
- Know your human anatomy, exercise physiology, nutrition and massage to earn more respect from your clients.